Friday, October 5, 2007

We All Look Good in Pink:


Breaking with one tradition (not gonna talk about classes today--it's actually my non-school "only" go-to-work day) I am going to give full notice to another tradition instead.


Another Reason Why I love October:

05) Awareness. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Most people have caught onto this fact, especially with events like Lee National Denim Day (which is today) and the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer (which takes place in New York City this weekend).

If you've missed out on Denim Day (which we are not allowed to participate in at work--don't even get me started!) or would like to do something locally, there is always the Race for the Cure to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. The Race will be held closer to the end of the month, on the 27th this year.

Now I have participated in Race for the Cure for YEARS! My first "race" (brisk walk) was in 1999 while I was a student at UT-Knoxville. It was an unforgettable experience (especially since we went through downtown) and I got to walk with girls who lived in the same dorm.

I've walked in Little Rock with my best friend from high school & of course, I've walked in Memphis (lotsa times) as well. Not only is it a good cause, but it will do your body AND your heart some good!

I'm not going to post statistics or anything like that but instead here are a couple links so you can research just about anything having to do with the topic: Susan G. Komen for the Cure or United for Pink (super blog with a lot of information)!

~~J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out Janet! We really appreciate it. Thanks for showing your support. Just got back from AVON opening ceremonies in NYC -- will blog about it tonight. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin