Sunday, October 28, 2007

religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin:

Did anyone see the big orange moon tonight? It was orange for a little while at least (& thank you for pointing this out to me, my dear friend who is currently without an Internet connection).

Now, not that this is news to anyone who knows me, but I LOVE PUMPKINS! They are big, beautiful, round and orange (or yellowish or white). I imagine them to be happy and always smiling (even when decorated otherwise).

This all leads to three things Linus has told me never to discuss with people...but I am about to discuss one...you have been forewarned!

Another Reason I love October:

27) It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Classic. In my humble opinion, there is no other Halloween Special quite as fabulous. This coming Thursday evening you can find it on ABC (where it's been since 2001). I am lucky enough to have my own copy on DVD--otherwise I'd miss it again!

Now I have several favorite moments: "I got a rock!" and Lucy is as horrible as ever--and her mask for "tricks or treats" is perfection. I adore Snoopy's adventure and his sudden appearance on the other end of Lucy's apple!

And could Sally be any cuter sitting with Linus in the pumpkin patch? I adore the little hearts around her head and the crush she has...thank goodness WE don't have little hearts around our heads or we'd be in big trouble!

Try the TRIVIA from the official site!

Honorable Mention: Jack Pumpkinhead. He made Return to Oz more bearable for me when I first saw it--scary stuff for a girl under the age of ten.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin