I met with the three (yes, I gained one) former/current professor(s) writing letters on my behalf (recommending me to various MFA programs).
One had me in tears.
One had me laughing.
One had me breathing a big sigh of relief.
I have two authors (! one of which has taught at three of the schools I am applying to) alongside one professor of literature--I feel like the most invincible student in the world! Almost as if I have an army of intelligence behind me.
Then I remember that--
- 90% of my possible acceptable relies on my own short fiction.
- it just takes one person on a committee to put Me in the "discard" pile.
- the average acceptance rate seems to teeter around 10%.
- I am applying to ten schools.
- I do have a back-up plan.
In other news: I have an idea as to WHAT I will be doing for my big, huge project/paper for one class. I still don't know what I am doing for the big, huge project/paper for another class.
Because you're mine, I walk the line.
Every step is good bad, yes no, here we go!