Sunday, October 21, 2007

Feeding Hungry Tigers:

So a weekend (not) filled with school work will probably come to haunt me in the end, but I celebrated the union of a co-worker and his lovely bride instead!

Super Short College Football Wrap-up aka 2 Teams I am Happy for:
LSU & Memphis! roar! roar! roar!

Another Reason I love October:

20/21) Autumnal Trinity. Pumpkin, Squash & Sweet Potatoes. And I am only talking Food! Glorious Food! here...'tis the season for some fabulous flavors. Oddly enough, all three automatically make me think of cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger. So this is really the celebration of a Double Trinity!

Facts:
1) Pumpkin is the "state fruit" of New Hampshire
2) Squash was planted alongside Corn and Beans by Native Americans
3) 40% of our Sweet Potatoes comes from North Carolina

Tonight for dessert I actually made Pumpkin Pie Shakes from Cooking Light! It seemed to be a "big" hit and will probably become a "new" holiday favorite. There are a lot of recipes I am excited to try...I've always been fearful of both peeling and roasting any seasonal fruit (pumpkins and squash, while the potato is actually a root).

Do tigers like pumpkins? Anybody?

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin