Sunday, October 7, 2007

Beauty in the Breakdown:


I am firmly in the writing process of my scene analysis paper for Film.

Did you know there are at least 35 cuts in the final 4 minutes of Garden State? Yes, I watched & counted & wrote & then counted some more. There was another scene ("good luck exploring the infinite abyss") I thought about doing and it only had 17 cuts--but I couldn't get away from the last scene.

Let Go by Frou Frou is just too powerful, especially since it made me run out and by the soundtrack the minute after the movie ended the first time I saw it!

The Art Student in me was sadden to hear about the Monet painting damaged by drunken intruders in Paris last night. According to reports they left a 4-inch gash in Le Pont d'Argenteuil. It can be repaired, but it's sad nevertheless.

It all happened during my
*New* Reason why I love October:


07) Nuit Blanche. It's an annual cultural festival that takes places during the first weekend in October, originally beginning in Paris--but has caught on in other cities across the world (Berlin, Chicago, and Toronto just to name a few). It literally means "White Night" or "All-Nighter" in French and the cities have their public and private art galleries, museums open to the public for free. HOW COOL IS THAT? I have got to attend one in the years to come.

Back to the Garden State paper.

~~J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can never get enough of Zach Braff and Garden State! It's so moving and the soundtrack is pure quality. I can't think of a better film to write about.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin