Thursday, October 4, 2007

Southern Girls Know Their Weather:

Question: What does a "good" Bio II student do after waiting more than 30 minutes for her professor to arrive?

a) Leave with the rest of the class (after signing roll) and go home to sleep because she is tired

OR

b) Leave with the rest of the class (after signing roll) continue on to Barnes & Noble to study the aforementioned subject for nearly 2 hours?

Believe it or not, I chose B! I ordered my signature October coffee drink and rewrote notes/studied the first two classes of plants. I had a great time--flipping through my textbook, lab manual, notecards & original chapter notes! They were even playing fabulous "old school" 50s-70s era music. I had to whisper along to Elvis (Suspicious Minds) as well as the Beatles (I Saw Her Standing There). I almost felt like a girl of 19 again!

After my impromptu study session, I even drove to a grocery store and took full advantage of their lovely salad bar. Both my mind and my belly are full of good stuffs. Fantastic!

Another Reason Why I love October:

04) The Weather. Our average high for the month is 74 and our average low is 49. We haven't quite gotten down to either one of those yet (respectively) it's nice to know it is ON THE WAY! Instead of sweating like a glass of ice tea on a hot day, I've found this whole afternoon more or less manageable.

~~J

p.s. I hope everybody in the city is VOTING today! (or early voted)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin