Monday, March 10, 2008

Ramblings of a Pharmacy Technician (#4):

or Simple Helpful Tips to make your Pharmacy
Experience as Wonderful as Possible (part 4 of a series)






5. We Don't Know Exactly Where [insert random item here] Is.

I'd like to think it's because we look really smart or have adorable smiling faces (more than likely though, it's probably because we are trapped in a permanent location)...

BUT in every pharmacy I have ever worked in, we are interrupted on a daily basis by "strangers" asking where completely random un-pharmacy related items are located.

Notice I used the word "strangers," I don't mean regular pharmacy customers. I mean people that we've never seen before--sticking their heads into the pharmacy and shouting out their shopping lists.

Seriously--SHOUTING! There is normally no "excuse me" or "pardon me" involved here either. And I know their collective mothers taught them better than that.

A very short list of examples for your viewing pleasure:
motor oil (get your motor runnin')
light bulbs (aside from the one above my head?)
milk (2% or whole?)
shoe polish (is it prescription shoe polish?)
DVDs (I only play a movie critic in my spare time!)
super glue (because we're busy gluing our fingers together?)

Now don't get me wrong. We like to help people, obviously. But interrupting the pharmacist in mid-sentence while they counsel a patient about their blood pressure medication with LAUNDRY DETERGENT?! is a little on the RUDE side.

Oddly enough, these are the same people who try to bypass the line of people trying to pick up their medication so they can purchase their Hamburger Helper and get home as soon as possible (while talking on their cell phones<---another topic right there).

So before hollering "Frozen Food?" at a random person as you pass the "Frozen Food" sign and ignore the mother with a screaming baby with an ear infection--STOP! THINK! Look around or AT LEAST wait your turn.


~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin