Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pass the tissues--

"I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind." -- Catherine
















I watched Jane Eyre last summer and Netfilx suggested that I try Wuthering Heights because apparently I fancy classic literature/British dramas/movies with strong female leads...

I took the bait...

(how could I not? Look at these two, they are worth watching for their chestnut manes alone!)

So I spent a few hours tonight sniffling and swooning (and knitting) just the same. Don't judge me!

I'm ashamed to say I never read the book (like Jane Eyre before)...but I did after watching the 2006 film version, so we will see what the 2009 version of WH will do.

Why were the Brontë sisters never given to me to read? Was it the Gothic element? I guess I'm making up for that now.

Wickedly cruel and wickedly pitiful I have to say--and it's funny to read comments online from "real" fans of the book who either HATE or LOVE the film. That's how it goes, I understand.
-----------------------------------
In other news...

That's all I've got. Although after rereading this post, I realize that it seems I've morphed into one of those girls...I SWEAR I HAVE NOT! I'm going to watch college basketball now, just because...

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin