Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Convergence:

If in the World of Janet Art=Love & Music=Love & Film=Love,
then you can say that Art + Music + Film= Love (to the third power)

(I just turned myself into a simple algebraic expression, give me a moment of realization because I don't like math...okay, I do. WHAT?)

So last night in Film we watched Un Chien Andalou. It's a 16-minute experimental (surrealism) short film made in France in 1928. If you've ever taken a Film Class, you've probably seen it. If you are a Film buff, you've probably seen it. It's one of the most famous short films EVER made.

Cue the cuckoo bird calls or whatever else you like to use when referring to something as "nuts" or "crazy"...this film is OUT THERE and I really liked it.

Salvador Dali (yes, the artist) was part of the writing team & he is in the film. So in this case Art + Film = (?) Genius? Brilliance? The most horrible thing ever made? I'll let fill in the equation for yourself.

We also watched the opening of 8 1/2 by Fellini. LOVED IT! I have to Netflix the film when I get a chance. And the music is just fantastic (help me out here--is it the Flight of the Valkyries by Wagner)...Film + Music = (?) I'll let you fill in the equation again.

I'll have to get back to this beginning theory or what have you about myself.

Work calls.

Job + School + Finals Week = TIRED!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin