Friday, October 16, 2009

Frei Bier ist Hier!!

Never in my life did I think I would blog about beer, but it’s FRIDAY so why the hell not?

I begin with a disclaimer (or I second with a disclaimer). I am not a beer connoisseur.

Coming from hearty German stock--I do have the genes for it. I should be able to compete and win any blindfolded beer testing or tasting or guessing contest out there. (there are a couple photos of me as a child--in Germany--toting around a few beer bottles, let's hope they were empty!)

I digress.

I was at a friend's house the other day or night or week and they had "new" beer for me to try. I said, "No" at first (not a connoisseur) but when the question was asked again I broke down. New beer? Okay.

So walks Bud Light Golden Wheat into my life.

I can't exactly describe it. So I did a little digging and came up with a lot of one line blurbs I happen to agree with:
  • Aroma is full of a light hint of coriander and wheat upfront
  • It doesn't overpower though but it's mildly sweet
  • Poured a cloudy orange with about an inch of white foam that faded quickly
  • Definitely on the light side. Finishes dry and clean
I guess I agree with them. I really don't know enough to agree. I know enough to say that I really LOVE this beer.

It's flavored with coriander and orange peels. It's unfiltered. You gotta "roll it around" in your hands to "unsettle it." Dangerous. Just my style. (again I have no idea what I'm talking about)

I'm sure I've made you proud, fair reader! (yes, that ONE!)

~~J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope those beer bottles you carried as a child were empty, too. Drunk lil Janet.

I can't decide if I love that you analyze your beer taste, or think it's crazy. Either way, just drink up!

janet said...

*guffaw*

El Escritor said...

Das macht gut.
Ich bin heiss.
Das ist alles.

Anonymous said...

yes my dear child,it was callt export ore mogala as the locals callt it.the bottle was small .33ltr

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin