Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Sound of Silence:

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again...


But not really. It's just been an emotionally-idiotic few days coupled with midterm week. Although technically I only have ONE midterm (tomorrow). How awesome is that?

In restless dreams I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone...


I've spent the week sloshing around campus under a Memphis umbrella, wearing a Memphis t-shirt. This is my new "smartie college girl" attire.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more...


Smartie College Girl finally scheduled her GRE (Nov. 16). Look for her to be jumping off a tall object either the evening before or the day after. Giving oneself a nickname and then writing about oneself in the third person while using that nickname is really weird.

People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening...


















Last night, just for the hell of it--I went to the movies (for free).
I saw All about Steve with Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper.

(who are both so adorable there should be photos of them everywhere, always--the world would be a happier place--or maybe they just have that effect on me?)

Being a lover of words and one who saw Wordplay...okay, and being an "odd individual" myself--I thought it was cuuute!

Now I need red rain boots so that my toes always feel like ten friends on a camping trip. (I do have my birkenstocks, same thing)

Or I need to stream my obsessive personality into make crossword puzzles about people I'm obsessed with! (although really that's my short story material)

Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you
...


I'm going to eat you like a mountain lion now!!!

~~J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to make out with those cuties.

janet said...

I HURRRRRD that!

~~J

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin