Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the Yoga papers:

Creation flows, for life is the movement of Being.

Immerse yourself in stillness and become consciously one with the flow.

Conscious union is yoga.


(before the forward of Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving in Stillness by Erich Schiffmann)

In other words, I am spending the evening writing Yoga paper(s). They are due tomorrow so there is no time like the present.

Yesterday we had a substitute instructor. She was quite fantastic. It's interesting to see how different people handle the same subject.

She was apt to discuss the history of Yoga--which was really interesting. I never actually knew what the word "Yoga" meant--it's a Sanskrit word that is translated to mean "to yoke" or "to join."

To join the mind, body, and spirit (of course).

Ironically enough, Buttercup just came into the office and did a perfect "downward dog." She is such a show-off. She is also *drumroll* a dog, so it makes sense.

I can't believe we'll only have three more sessions left. I'll miss my perfect pose (corpse/sponge) and all the breathing we do. It is something I plan on continuing.

There are several studios around town, and I keep hearing people rave about a couple of them, but Midtown Yoga seems to be right up my alley (and relatively close to the university).

What I've noticed over the last few weeks: lower blood pressure coupled with a new calmness and stillness. But I really should be putting that realization in one of my papers.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin