Sunday, July 1, 2007

Getting to Know Me:

This is Me. Or how I chose to represent Me.

Front and center with my "wavy" locks and a cross I purchased years ago...alongside the little furry love of my life--Buttercup (could she be any cuter? the correct answer is No).

If you happen to be from Memphis you might be able to guess what is spelled out in candles down there in the corner. ELVIS! (I love him, I love him, I LOVE HIM!) Yes, I actually bought a gazillon tiny tea lights one sad August 15 and wrote out his name as the sun went down. My own little tribute.

See the Memphis Grizzlies t-shirt in the top corner? I bought it the day the new merchandise/colors/logo were revealed circa 2004. I went downtown and celebrated alongside a few hundred friendly fans and purchased it after watching a "fashion show" of new uniforms put on by players.

The fuzzy wooden beams are part of the sign above the entrance of St. Columba Episcopal Center on a very windy Billy Maher Road. It's the perfect place for a hidden spiritual retreat. You can watch the sunshine playing peek-a-boo through the trees and see some horses in a field before even entering the grounds.

Last, but certainly not least, I entered a few black and white photos into the Mid-South Fair photography competition a couple years ago and this was one of the shots I took while trying to find "the perfect picture." I didn't even use it for competition, but I remember fondly running about town trying to see things from different angles.


Count down to two new classes: less than 4 days from now.


~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin