Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ding Ding Ding, Jackpot!

So yesterday after our lab the professor handed out our first exam. As they say in Tunica: Ding Ding Ding, Jackpot! Turns out I did as well as I thought/hoped/prayed I would do. (If you know that one hit wonder by Nena in the 80s, you know my score)

*insert big sigh of relief here*

I can't really celebrate too long, being this is a summer course and after all, tomorrow is another day (er, Exam--I couldn't resist myself Scarlett, please forgive me).

I was up into the wee hours of the morning (thanks to some cinnamon hazelnut coffee I decided to brew at 11pm) studying (making notecards) and going over online practice tests. I was somewhat worried about the material this time around, but I have achieved a "respect" for it and so maybe we will have a decent enough relationship I can pass the next exam with flying colors too?!?

I didn't start studying until late last night because I spent most of the evening making dinner (new recipe from Cooking Light) and participating in great conversation(s) with one of my best friends. I finally played (and lost) my first game of Parcheesi too. Woo!

Now THIS evening (after class and a mini-study session) I found myself at Davis-Kidd to see and listen to our very own homegrown (did I just make her sound like a tomato?) published author--Johanna Edwards. She has a new book out, which she signed (and I got one of her earlier books signed as well). It was a good break to take because I was reminded of WHAT I really want to do: WRITE. (and be published)


I'll have to settle with the steps of meiosis and part of a scientific paper for now...


~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin