Monday, February 25, 2008

Session One: RMK

Despite not having a ticket to the first Session today, I decided to go anyway. John Isner was playing his first Singles match in Memphis, I HAD to be there!

<---difficult to read, but it's his autograph, I swear!

Thanks to a kind stranger (and parking attendant) I ended up NOT even having to purchase a ticket!

Unfortunately it was also Isner's last Singles match in Memphis because he lost a 2-hour, 3-set match to Jurgen Melzer (currently ranked 61 in the world). Word is he has the Flu--he was sluggish.

Before the Isner match I got to see a wonderful Doubles match: Querrery/Spadea vs Ram/Reynolds. I always get confused when it comes to Doubles, because the court looks VERY small with four people on it. There is so much action--I don't know where to look!

Querrery/Spadea prevailed in the second set tiebreaker...I even lost something through the bleachers in the middle of the match and a nice volunteer retrieved it for me. Whew!

I didn't distract anyone though--my biggest fear is being called out in the middle of a match by the Chair Umpire.

back to John Isner (watch me turn into a 12-year old school girl before your eyes)...I've never approached a tennis player for an autograph. I felt a little silly standing next to little kids with tennis balls. BUT...I had to do it!

Get Better Soon!

~~J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you lose your glasses anyway?

janet said...

Vince Spadea, is that you?

HA HA HA!

I don't know HOW I lost my glasses...but at least I didn't distract too many people!

~~J

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin