Thursday, September 13, 2007

and now for Art and Film:

So Monday night was only our second meeting for Art Appreciation. The parking situation was a lot better now that I know where exactly I can park after 5pm so I don't have to wander across the entire campus after dark to get to and from my car.

We completed the first chapter and will have our first "test" this upcoming Monday. Also we have our first 1-page "paper" due over a piece of work of our choosing viewed at a gallery. So I will be making my way to the Dixon over the weekend to see the George Rodrigue exhibit.

Although I will happily view several Blue Dogs, I am excited to see the Degas and Renoir in the Dixon's permanent collection. I do not remember seeing them the last time I was there. Maybe they will be available for viewing this time around.

Wednesday night, in Film, we watched Citizen Kane. Now I had seen it before, but I ended up taking three pages of notes anyway. I don't know how many of them will translate into my required journal entry, but we'll see what happens there.

Before our viewing, not only did we have another quiz, we also watched short clips from other films to look specifically at Editing as well as Sound including:

The Godfather--the Baptism scene
Battleship Potemkin (1925)--the Odessa Steps sequence
M (1931)--the opening

I need to start thinking about WHAT SCENE I am going to write my first analysis paper on...I want to do something from one of the movies I have seen several times over. Maybe Garden State, The Last Kiss (2006) or Before Sunrise.


~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin