Monday, August 6, 2007

another Manic Monday...

*insert the Bangles here*

So today was ALMOST my last day of double summer classes. ALMOST. And it wasn't too easy. I would say the Algebra exam I took might have been the most difficult for me thus far. I had to stop and redo a couple problems, but when I finished and looked at the clock--it was one of my "fastest" exams. Odd.

I had time to practice my persuasive speech before Oral Comm. Now this speech was required to be 7-9 minutes. I knew I wouldn't have a problem with that aspect--I've nearly run over time with my other speeches. I was extremely passionate about my topic: Global Warming/Crisis Climate/Being Green. It's something I've cared about for a long time. I did a lot of research for my speech as well. Everything seemed to be pointing toward grand success.

BUT

When I got in front of the class my brain froze. Everything seemed to jumble. I actually practiced this speech more than any other and then I froze....(and got REALLY REALLY close to running over time). It was overwhelming and frustrating to me, but I got a good response from my classmates. I know I did well as far as my works cited/key word outline is concerned. I worked really hard, but the actual speech is very blurry to me.

Oh Well. There's nothing I can do about it now except study, study, study for my two finals tomorrow. If I ever mention....or even entertain the thought of taking two college classes AND working during the same Summer Session, someone STOP ME!

At least someone is working for me tonight.


~~J

p.s. And Happy Birthday to my dear little J-Mo born yesterday morning. I can't wait to hold you in my arms. Love!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin