Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm not Drunk--

That's just my Yoga High!

Last night I said, "I feel drunk now," to a classmate as we were walking out of Yoga.

Yes, that was my profound first sentence after two hours of silence.

I thought about it all the way to the car (the statement). & then it hit me--that's the perfect way to describe my post-yoga-mood.

And I mean this in the second definition of the adjective "drunk" (at least according to Merriam-Webster):

2: dominated by an intense feeling [drunk with rage]

But ignore their rage example. It is more like--PEACE or HAPPY or like I could talk to the flowers.

We added a couple new poses:
cobra, sphinx, the fish, mountain-->standing side stretches

We also did some OM OM OM. Which is what a lot of people imagine when you mention Yoga. Or maybe that was just me several years ago.

I always imagined people sitting lotus-style (like up there in that picture) with their eyes closed, chanting. Well, last night we did the OM OM OM. And well, everyone was into it. Shocker.

OM: is reputed to be the resonant vibrational tone of the non-dualistic universe as a whole.

So there we have it.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin