Sunday, January 27, 2008

To Vote or Not To Vote:

(that should never be a question! VOTE!)

So after watching Memphis beat Gonzaga yesterday (how sweet it is!), I went and early voted for the Presidential Primary...just ahead of Super Tuesday. It was a truly "female" event as my Mother came along as well.

Don't worry; I'm not going to get all political on you (as in pandering for one candidate, etc.)...I just wanted to mention how alarmingly powerful and special the VOTING experience truly is! If you are at least 18, be sure to register! If you need help: Declare Yourself!

The last three times I have voted (2004, 2006, and 2008) I have gone along with a friend or family member. As far as I know, we have only voted for the same person ONCE! People with different ideas CAN be friends!

If you have time to spare, you can always volunteer for a campaign. I spent one night in 2006, calling people on behave of the candidate for Senate I supported. NO! I didn't just get a phonebook and started dialing! I went to his headquarters and volunteered my time.

Four years ago, I was able to see a candidate speak at a rally downtown. It was very thrilling and the crowd was very excited and loud. It was like attending a concert, but more was at stake! Somehow, I found myself front and center and even got to shake hands and take pictures.

&

THIS YEAR, I get to be on a College Campus during a Presidential Election Year! Waaaaa-hoooooo!

/geek out.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin