Thursday, February 11, 2010

(It) Will Possess Your Heart


You gotta spend some time, Love. You gotta spend some time with me. And I know that you'll find, love I will possess your heart.

I came up with my favorite analogy when it comes to my Graduate school "game" while in the shower.

This wisdom is all after my first "rejection" (got that under my belt--from my "safety net" school even). The one rejection I wasn't counting on. Waiting to hear from the other nine programs may drive me insane (really) now.

Analogy:

It's like breaking up with someone after a year--right when you were about to move in. After you've made all those plans, and decisions. Dishes? Which couch to use in the extra room. Maybe you even have a dog together.

It's that severe, BECAUSE typically one has been eye-ing a program for at least a year before the rejection comes.

You've looked over their classes, professors...the location. Everything.

You imagine yourself there, together. Hand-in-hand. It's love. And then you're stabbed in the back and kicked in the face in one motion.

*insert appropriate sound/face here*

I have nine programs remaining on my list...

1. A 2. A 3. F 4. G 5. G 6. H 7. M 8. W 9. V 10. V

The great romance is waiting...just waiting...still waiting...

There are days when outside your window, I see my reflection as I slowly pass. And I long for this mirrored perspective--when we'll be lovers, lovers at last.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin