Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Theory:




There is a moment before class begins.

A moment I can't really explain.




By chance I found myself sitting alone in the dark because my class before let out early... Random raindrops made me hurry across campus and then I was alone in the dark.

So I sit and prepare. I look over my reading assignment (Rousseau and Wollstonecraft).

My brain feels at ease, almost as if I am getting ready for some serious Yoga. And I am. Mental Yoga.

Classmates begin filtering in, but the room remains quiet. There is respect. We are ready to begin. Deep breaths. Minds open. Thoughts expand.

Words start appearing on the chalkboard, "state of nature," "social contract theory," "vir-virtue-virility"...my fingers are flying across the keyboard trying to capture every word of the lecture.

I am learning and I am happy.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin