Sunday, September 6, 2009

On Our Feet!

Like a moth to a flame...I flitter and fly to the back of the Goodwill only to find--BOOKS!

This is getting a bit ridiculous, because I was there in desperate need of a bow tie. Why? Well, it was a special night in downtown Memphis, Rocky Horror Picture Show night (like Christmas, it only comes once a year)...

I wanted to join my friends and be an

"unconventional conventionalist"

...but again. BOW TIE? Only books.

But I think you get a pass on costume(s) IF your name is actually a character name, right?

I grabbed a few sections (C, D) of the Norton Anthology of American Literature alongside the illustrated edition of Strunk & White's Elements of Style...

THEN, because I don't have enough collections of short stories...the Oxford Book of Modern Women's Stories...somehow found it's way home with me.

Freeze! X-Ray!

Back to the show. Fabulous! I've never had so much fun being a ruckus at the Orpheum. The costumes, the shouting, the flying toilet paper...everything was perfection. EVERYTHING!

At the late night, double feature, picture show!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin