Tuesday, June 16, 2009

-ing along:

Lost somewhere between the tweeting, facebooking, livejournaling, BlackBerrying…

& the reading, the writing, book-hoarding, some submitting…

lies Student: Revisited and I am truly sorry, Reader (that one).

Don't be fooled by the Scrabble tile either, I haven't played many board games lately.

Books purchased at the Friends of the Library preview Sale:

Little Masterpieces of English Poetry Volume IV (printed 1905)
The Hemingway Reader (1953)
The Grapes of Wrath (1941) hardback edition
Fatal Interview: Sonnets by Edna St. Vincent Millay (1931)
The Catcher in the Rye by Salinger (1951)
The Short Novels of John Steinbeck (6 novels) First Edition 1953
The Stories of John Cheever (1978)
Doctor Zhivago by Pasternak

Aren't you glad I only decided to share the "hardbacks" with you? I have ventured into Hemingway (for a short story) and Cheever (another short story).

I'm pretty sure I forgot to mention Phil--my first plant (a gift) now has a permanent home in my office. He looks out the window at the neighbor's lovely garden, which has inspired him because he has nearly doubled in three weeks time.

(Plant life, it's like Biology I & II all over again)

This may be why I've not updated more--nothing too exciting to report as of yet.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin