I feel as if I never have enough time. Enough time to spout off lines and lines of beautiful blog worthy prose. My beautiful blog worthy prose has turned into:
- Three 12-page Fiction Stories (plus more, not required for my current class)
- Four "Newspaper Length" Feature Stories
- a paper comparing/contrasting Sylvia Plath's use of obsessive/open form in her poetry
- a paper about the sonnet "A Married State" (1646) by Katherine Philips
- a "Magazine Length" Feature Story
I wish I could explain to you completely the sheer exhaustion my "writing self" feels. [And I basically couldn't be happier about it, either!]
- I have read (edited/commented on) more than 30 fiction short stories (written by classmates)
- I have read (studied/learned beyond recognition) enough poetry to make Keats cry.
And all of this doesn't even begin to touch the ten (10) chapters of Mass Media Law I have crammed into my head. My brain could explode. [And I basically couldn't be happier about it, either!]
I have also found a few "writing friends." Do you know how exciting this is? At least three other Creative Writing majors who are not only female--but amazing & talented & inspiring...our little group shall take over the world, no doubt!
[oh! and I've found a Muse! Be sure not to tell anyone!]
I registered for FOUR more class (Spring) this week as well. And I am contemplating my fifth class. So please forgive me for a really, really lacking semester (in the blogging department).
[But remember, I basically couldn't be happier about it, either!]