Monday, April 7, 2008

T I G E R S !

I am a BIG MESS OF WEEPY!

seriously.

If you know me at all, you KNOW I am like--a basketball fanatic. Some are loons over football (for example) and I really adore ALL SPORTS (oddly enough) but my CRAZY really comes out for BASKETBALL.

Ask my Honors English teacher from high school. She really wasn't expecting an 8-page research paper about the genius of Dean Smith and North Carolina basketball. She got one anyway.

So here we go friends.

It's National Championship GAME DAY and my (soon-to-be Alma Mater) is playing for the TITLE! How nuts is this? It's been a "dream" ride with our "dream" team, so to speak. I've been quietly holding my breath & keeping my fingers crossed along the way.

The other day I got a phone call from someone who spent about 10 minutes telling me all the reasons why the Tigers couldn't beat UCLA--how they deserved no attention whatsoever. He used all the "reasons" we've heard a million times in the national media.

I couldn't believe it. I didn't say much and chalked it up to the green monster (he's a Vols fan anyway). After the Tigers BEAT UCLA though, I made sure to bring it up.

I've been counting down since Yesterday at 5pm (27 hours) and here we sit roughly at 8 hours. Thank goodness, I was already scheduled off from work. Thank goodness, I have no homework to finish.

I want to watch the game with a million other fans. I know there isn't a "room" big enough to hold us all and the fear of turning into Roberto Benigni accepting Oscars for LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL in 1999 is very great!

But I have a feeling that everyone will be dancing around like a hyperactive puppy having to kiss and hug everybody--there is no shame in sharing the LOVE!

T-minus how many minutes?


~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin