Thursday, March 18, 2010

Clarity?!

Don't let the "title" fool you.

Okay?

It's a ruse.

Mostly.


Hence the properly placed question mark, followed by an exclamation...

But I'm going to let John Mayer take it from here:

"So what, so I've got a smile on me
but it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head
Don't believe me
Don't believe me
When I say I've got it down."

Sure--he (John Mayer) has had a grand case of "open mouth, insert tibia disease" lately (as a friend so aptly put it), we're still friends (and we have been for about six, seven, or eight years now). I don't mean ACTUAL friends, he doesn't know me from Eve--but I appreciate his art.

He's a great musician, doesn't take himself too seriously, and has relate-able lyrics.

The music has been in my head lately because I'll be seeing him in concert tomorrow night--I've had to get "in the mood."

Mayer Mood?

This will be my third time seeing him LIVE! and in person. Every time he's been gifted to me. As in, I *won* the first two shows on the radio and was surprised with an extra ticket for tomorrow night just a few days ago.

I don't know what that really means. I'm lucky? I'm supposed to be there to see him? Maybe Spring is Clarity time?

It seems that next week I'll be hitting the road and traveling to another state to visit a campus. I'm all nervous and excitement in one body.

Either way, I wonder sometimes about the outcome of a still verdictless life..am I living it right?



~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin