Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Summer of Books:

I have started my Summer Reading Program™

Everyone is Beautiful (Katherine Center)
Delta of Venus (Anaïs Nin)

Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)*
Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys)
Tender is the Night (F. Scott Fitzgerald)*
The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
Atonement (Ian McEwan)*
The Reader (Bernhard Schlink)

finished
*in progress

Jane Eyre/Wide Sargasso Sea are the Norton Critical Editions (yes, yes, I refuse to leave the warmth of knowledge):

No other series of classic texts achieves the editorial standard of the Norton Critical Editions. Each volume combines the most authoritative text available with contextual and critical materials that bring the work to life for students.

Careful editing, first-rate translation, thorough explanatory annotations, chronologies, and selected bibliographies make each text accessible to students while encouraging in-depth study. Each volume in the series is printed on acid-free paper, and every text remains in print.

I am the eternal student, nevertheless.

The margins of the texts I read this semester are filled with various markings--highlighting, underlining, class notes...a friend borrowed one (Outer Dark, Cormac McCarthy) and I warned her that it might be distracting to read--she said, "I probably need the notes..."

She probably does NOT need the notes!

Another book/manual I have to tackle is the Kaplan GRE Premier Program 2009 Edition... aside from the online practice tests available online from GRE this grants me access to even more practice exams!

According to several trusted sources, practice exams are the key.

And I thought class was over (until July)...HA!

NOT complaining in the least!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin