Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Books-->to the Office:

(not THE OFFICE, which is one of my favorite shows on NBC)

But my new "office" (by way of my sister's recent departure to Oklahoma)...it is currently bare except for a mini bookcase (already jammed full of books, and most of them are in storage)....

And two empty desks (dueling desks) ready to be arranged and filled as well.

There is enough floor room to successfully practice yoga (yes, you read that correctly). I rolled out my mat today and it there is ample space...so it's not just Office Space (one of my favorite movies), but an honest to goodness Yoga Space.

My Summer Reading Program™

Everyone is Beautiful (Katherine Center)
Delta of Venus (Anaïs Nin)
Tender is the Night (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
Atonement (Ian McEwan)

Mrs. Dalloway (Virginia Woolf)*
The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
The Reader (Bernhard Schlink)
Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)
Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys)

finished
*in progress

I have also watched a few films, but nothing worthy of mentioning (other than THE READER, which I expected to love hard and long and strong, and I did!) Quick! Go rent/buy/watch it now. Hurry!

And here's the point where I recommend a short story (so related to the movie that thinking about a particular scene, makes me want to cry):

The Lady with the Dog by Anton Chekhov
(complete text available)

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin