Sunday, August 24, 2008

Things I Learned Serving as a Juror:

1) someone is always watching you; especially when you don't want them to be (ack!)

2) it's really hard to "just" sit there and LISTEN (but I take decent notes)

3) it's really hard NOT TO EXPRESS THOUGHTS OR IDEAS AND HAVE TO INTERNALIZE EVERYTHING FOR SEVERAL DAYS IN A ROW

4) you become suspicious of every one when you're either guarded by armed deputies or locked in a room 24 hours a day (really)

5) I have the ability to listen to the facts and evidence in a case without judgement (innocent until proven guilty)

6) I can work, talk, and listen to/with 11 OTHER people (aka strangers) while being LOCKED IN A ROOM to come to an important decision

7) I essentially cry about everything, whether I am sad or mad--I cry--that is my emotional release

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin