Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cue the Music:

Send in the nerds!

While going over my schedule for the upcoming semester, I happened across a link to the required texts.

Not only have I registered for my first semester of GRADUATE SCHOOL (oh boy!)--but I have the books for two of my classes already too.

They were waiting on me when I got home from work.

I squealed. Yes, really.

There are three books and a little over a month to go before I leave.

Everything scary and thrilling all at once wrapped between shiny paperback covers.

I have managed to read one short story contained within one of the two new collections of stories. I scrolled through the list of MFA programs mentioned in the back.

It was like looking at old friends:

How ya doing, Houston?
Look! It's George Mason.
What have you been up to, Florida?

The crazy ride that started more than a year ago (or more than 30) is about to reach a new level. My knuckles are past white as I grip on to everything I have, everything I am. Preparing myself to let go and woosh! along with the force of a dream.

A dream realized? A dream so deferred I didn't remember what it looked like in the first place--I remember now, and I might be ready.

~~J

2 comments:

Tara Mae said...

because you ain't no hollaback girl!

erm...

i'm excited for you. I know /just/ how you feel. As soon as I got the books and everything last summer, I was set. The courtship was over; relationship was ON!

janet said...

B-A-N-A-N-A-S (and what's stuck in my head now???)

Thanks!

~~J

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin