Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reading?

(No, but I've got the "knitting" down)
(knit knit knit purl purl purl)

Books read since I've been home? Zero
(Although I have managed to digest a combination of five or so pages)

Scarves completed (knitted)? Four
(I can't tell you the last time I actually finished something I started)

So much for those reading goals...I have managed to visit a couple bookstores though--including the one I lamented about last month. It was a bit depressing to see the "We Will Be Closing Dec 31 at 6pm, Thank You for Your Business" sign out front.

I've been a little obsessed with the Salvador DalĂ­ exhibit I visited last Sunday. Especially the huge painting-- Santiago El Grande. It's the largest work of art I have ever seen in person. You can go HERE to see what it looked like when it arrived in Atlanta and how they were able to "hang" it.


Boscos Original Alt
"Alt" means "old" in German. The reference is to the days when Germany brewed ales before the invention of lagers. Still brewed in the area around Dusseldorf you can think of this beer as Germany's version of England's brown ale. Facts: O.G. 1054, I.B.U. 25

Pilsner Pale Ale
The name Pils Pale Ale is an oxymoron. Pils is a lager style and Pale Ale is, of course, an ale. What we have done here is brew our usual pale ale formula but add the hop varieties that would typically be found in a Czech style pilsner. If you ever wondered what Saaz hops really taste like, this is your chance. Facts: O.G. 1055, I.B.U. 35

In addition to time spent at Boscos, I've also "hit up" Fino's (most favorite lunchtime place) and la baguette --I believe the almond-crusted croissants are going to be a coffee time staple.

I guess I have been busy....too busy to read? I gotta get on that.

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin