Monday, March 21, 2011

Meet Me on the Equinox...

Meet me half way.
When the sun is perched at
it's highest peek
in the middle of the day.

--Death Cab for Cutie

During the equinox, the length of night and day across the world is nearly, but not entirely, equal. This is because the day is slightly longer in places that are further away from the equator, and because the sun takes longer to rise and set in these locations. (source)

Anyway, it's here...Spring. And since my university is on "break" this week, I am home. Ironically LAST year around this time I was visiting the campus/program in Milledgeville. Don't worry though, I am busy with classwork and research paper construction.

Current reading material includes the following literary criticism:

"Classical Agents of Christian Grace in Flannery O'Connor's 'Greenleaf'"
"Flannery O'Connor's Inverted Saints Legend"
"'Greenleaf': A Story of Lent"
"Flannery O'Connor's 'Greenleaf' And the Myth of Europa and the Bull"

And the mythologies surrounding: Europa (and Zeus), Minos, Pasiphae, Ariadne, and Phaedra.

I'm also bringing Shakespeare into the mix--through Romeo & Juliet. As abstract as it all may sound right now, I hope to fashion this into 4,500 words of awesome.

But I still need a point, an outline, a thesis, a title...um. Everything.

What a lovely Spring Break, huh?

~~J

Memphis Memories:
The Switch, The Grizzlies, and Conversations under a Super Moon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin