Saturday, June 14, 2008

Back to Class:

(specifically back to where I started, more than a decade ago!)

So I’ve made my return to the “park-like” campus at the University of Memphis. Not only are there are more buildings (and an active construction site), it's a whole lot prettier than I remember.

During my first full week back I've:
1) parked in the same lot, 5 days in a row...
2) settled on 1 specific route to my building
3) visited the bookstore twice
4) taken the most horrible student ID photo in the history of the world
5) helped OTHER PEOPLE find *insert name here* building

My goal was to write everyday after my experiences, but I probably would've offended entire countries along the way.

Ya see, I am taking an upper division history class--England since 1714--and Monday I hated Britain, BUT on Tuesday I loved Britain and then on Wednesday I didn't mind Britain too much...now I'm having issues with Winston Churchill (hahaha).

My entire grade is dependent on only two exams (a midterm and a final). This is the first time in my college career that I will only be graded on two assignments. Also I might also be the only non-history major in the class...which really isn't too big of a deal.

Be looking for specific entries about social orders, the industrial revolution...and a lot of Euro 2008 Soccer!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin