Saturday, October 16, 2010

Little Stars--

(take him and cut him out in little stars
and he will make the face of heaven so fine...)


I'm easily entertained--I love going to Starbucks.com and clicking on the "manage my rewards" button.

I get to watch 13 little animated gold stars fall into a coffee cup.

They fall in different patterns even--I may even imagine the noise they make...

These stars represent the 13 times I've used my gift card over the last couple years.



Despite the love I have for coffee, I don't frequent SBUX nearly enough. I still have 17 more visits before I reach the GOLD level. (I know, you can read)

All of you who have given me gift cards over the last few years--THIS is what you've created. A girl who likes to watch imaginary stars fill her imaginary coffee cup.

In other news, I've survived another week of graduate school. For those of you counting at home, that makes NINE weeks. There are seven more left in the semester. I've passed the halfway point.

It's like a speeding train, really. I'm doing my best to hang on.

I saw The Social Network this past week. Also I attended another reading by classmates at a local coffee shop.

So my entertainment has been varied. Movies, readings, watching little gold stars falling into a coffee cup.

~~J

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I had to laugh at the beginning of The Social Network when Zuckerburg has Livejournal on his computer. We were there where it all started ... good ole' LJ!

Glad your semester is flying by ... in a good way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin