Saturday, May 31, 2008

Carrie, Carrie, Carrie (part Une):

Just like every other fan of the phenomenon, watching Carrie Bradshaw has always been familiar to me.

"...But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."



We get to hear her thoughts through the genius of voice overs as well as her column. She is the relationship journalist just reporting on the world in which she lives.

She asks questions. She has doubts. She does her best to solve all the problems while leaving some of it up to fate.

We think we are Carrie. We want to be able to wear what Carrie wears. We love her, plain and simple, because we also love ourself.

"So many roads. So many detours. So many choices. So many mistakes."

There is the Carrie I will never be: five-foot-four and a size 0!

There is the Carrie I am: inquisitive, thoughtful, full of vices & complexities, surrounded by a few really good friends who care, understand, and love me no matter what happens.

There is the Carrie I want to be: True to herself, even if it takes a while to figure out exactly what "herself" is...and always look good doing it!

"When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking."

~~J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is part two?

janet said...

Soon! I got so busy re-watching episodes I completely ran out of time to finish my favorite gal.

~~J

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin