Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To Dream:

(ZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz)

I'm pretty sure this could be considered "cheating." I've talked about sleeping and dreaming and NOT sleeping or dreaming before--but I've entered a whole new realm (so to speak) because I have been having a reoccurring nightmare lately.

There's the "being chased" dream or the "falling" dream. I've heard of the "showing up to school naked" dream before too. Those really don't apply to me...unless you include my "stuck in high school despite my age and the fact that I graduated from high school a very long time ago" dream.

For me it's been the "teeth falling out" dream. And I run to the Internet for meaning, of course. Most of the "reasons" or explanations meant nothing to me and made me recoil until I came across this:

"Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness.

Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life."

I feel a bit "powerless" in my "writing" life, remember? I haven't been able to take hold of my ideas and get them OUT (out, damn spot!).

There is a whole bucket of feelings involving a "lack of self-confidence" when it comes to my quickly-approaching start to Graduate School. I think (HOPE) that's pretty normal though.

And the two are closely related--it is a Creative Writing program...ya know? Cue the tossing and turning.

When someone asks, I explain what I have coming up and they shake their collective heads and give me heart-felt nods and congratulatory remarks.

I feel pride shining through--especially when that person has known me for a while and they exclaim, "That's what you've always wanted to do! You're living your DREAMS!"

Then I start thinking about the "teeth falling out" dreams and my smile fades. I guess I'll be wearing my night (bite) guard starting tonight...after I find it...!!!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin