Thursday, October 29, 2009

I'll Admit I'm a Fool for You:

It's been a monumental "school" week...one I shall never forget.

I met with the three (yes, I gained one) former/current professor(s) writing letters on my behalf (recommending me to various MFA programs).

One had me in tears.
One had me laughing.
One had me breathing a big sigh of relief.

I have two authors (! one of which has taught at three of the schools I am applying to) alongside one professor of literature--I feel like the most invincible student in the world! Almost as if I have an army of intelligence behind me.

Then I remember that--
  • 90% of my possible acceptable relies on my own short fiction.
  • it just takes one person on a committee to put Me in the "discard" pile.
  • the average acceptance rate seems to teeter around 10%.
  • I am applying to ten schools.
  • I do have a back-up plan.
With all of that in mind, I feel a little more "sure" as opposed to "unsure" about the whole process. But then again, I still have to write that letter of intent/statement of purpose. Everyone knows the easiest question to answer is: WHO AM I? *guffaw* This is why YOU want ME!

In other news: I have an idea as to WHAT I will be doing for my big, huge project/paper for one class. I still don't know what I am doing for the big, huge project/paper for another class.

Because you're mine, I walk the line.
Every step is good bad, yes no, here we go!

~~J

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin